Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ground control...

I feel like a space shuttle...got my hospital arm band, my nickel test disc strapped on, my RX's filled and time's ticking. Ugh.

Ground Control to Major TomGround Control to Major TomTake your protein pills and put your helmet onGround Control to Major TomCommencing countdown, engines onCheck ignition and may God's love be with youTen, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five,Four, Three, Two, One, LiftoffThis is Ground Control to Major TomYou've really made the gradeAnd the papers want to know whose shirts you wearNow it's time to leave the capsule if you dare"This is Major Tom to Ground ControlI'm stepping through the doorAnd I'm floating in a most peculiar wayAnd the stars look very different todayFor hereAm I sitting in a tin canFar above the worldPlanet Earth is blueAnd there's nothing I can doThough I'm past one hundred thousand milesI'm feeling very stillAnd I think my spaceship knows which way to goTell my wife I love her very much she knows"Ground Control to Major TomYour circuit's dead, there's something wrongCan you hear me, Major Tom?Can you hear me, Major Tom?Can you hear me, Major Tom?Can you...."Here am I floating round my tin canFar above the MoonPlanet Earth is blueAnd there's nothing I can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment